Friday, October 23, 2009

HHGTTG - sixth book?

(yes, I know most people found this out last year! ...all complaints have been made, I know.... Well, I am not most people now, am I?)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (HHGTTG) is going to have a sequel. Book number six will come out (if it hasn't yet) soon. I am heartbroken, disappointed, frustrated...do I really need to go on?

Douglas Adams passed away 8 years ago, during the production of the HHGTTG's movie. It was a sad day for us all since (or so I thought) Marvin would never make me laugh again (yes, I am one of those Marvin fans). But even though Douglas Adams said he would publish another book, that 5 did not seem like a round number, the fans would be okay with this sad reality... But will they really be okay with the publication of another book, NOT WRITTEN BY DOUGLAS ADAMS?

I do find this outrageous. HHGTTG was Douglas Adam's life project, it was his passion, his great idea in life. It would just be like some dude deciding to write another Harry Potter book, because JK Rowling should have given us more!

On the same week that I discovered, and had to deal with, "The God Delusion" (don't even get me started!) was dedicated to Douglas Adams, I now have to face the fact that HHGTTG is not Douglas Adam's legacy anymore (or that it will at least be changed)...

It is a sad day for us all...

2 comments:

Sarah Said said...

es triste... muito triste
g e e k

:P

makoka said...

Hhgttg is "the most remarkable book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor"; it's "an indispensable companion to all those who are keen to make sense of life in an infinitely complex and confusing universe", and you are saying that I am sad for reading it? tss...tss...