Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Missing you already




“India was such a strange experience, it almost feels like I never went there”. Delphine told me this two days ago. I have been home for exactly a week today and I couldn’t agree more. It was like I was never there.

Today, looking back at those two months, it all seems like a blur to me. Did it really happen? Did I really go to India, with rats in my toilet, with the horn ok please, with conferences and other events? Did I really do it all?

India is so surreal, so strange, so completely different to my little bubble that it is hard to believe in everything your eyes see and your senses are trying to tell you. And for the two months I was in India, I had the time of my life. Even if sometimes I did not want to go to work, and others I could not stand the noise in the street, I would get to witness something strange every day I was there , and that made this experience unbelievable.

I miss it all! I miss the people, the chaos, that strange reality, our apartment, and sometimes (only sometimes!) even the food... And I even have to admit that going from an international student/celebrity in India to just another law student in England is not easy!

I will probably not get the chance to go to India any time soon. It will probably be a long time until I can manage to get to India again, but I am sure that one day, I will go back. India puts a spell on you, once you go there, you don’t leave.

No comments: